Here we are, the office has skipped out a little early to prepare for their big night to welcome in the New Year, Matt and I are still working and 2007 is about to be gone in the blink of an eye. Something tells me that in my mind, I’ll be making another post just like this in what will seem like a couple months, asking, “what happened to 2008?”
Overall, 2007 was a great year for LinkWorth. Sure there were bumps in the road here and there, but what doesn’t kill you can only make you stronger. Luckily the business of online marketing is going nowhere, so that means we’ll continue to morph into a better marketplace for our advertisers and for our partners. We definitely want to thank “ALL” of our customers that continue to make LinkWorth one of the biggest and best ad networks in our industry.
To keep this interesting and not so sappy, because that is so not my style, I wanted to send a few 2007 farewell’s in bullet style:
- Farewell to: All of the conferences we attended: SES, SMX, Pubcon and Affiliate Summit. . .
- Farewell to: All of the cities that put up with us: Seattle, San Jose, Vegas, New York City, Los Angeles, Miami, D.C. . .
- Farewell to: American Airlines and their HORRIBLE delays, the special emergency landing, decent 1st class and pitiful coach seats. . .
- Farewell to: Our departed staff: the good, the bad and the greedy. . .
- Farewell to: The almost $2mm in payouts our partners earned!!. . .
- A special thanks to: All of our wonderful advertisers who helped LinkWorth continue on. . .
- Farewell to: Greg “The Hammer” Williams, aka Motorcycle Greggo, aka Sweet Greggo, aka Robot Greggo, aka Common Man. . .
- Farewell to: The horrible scoring system known as PageRank. . .
As we send 2007 out the door, let us welcome 2008 in along with a few bullets for what to expect here at LinkWorth:
- 08 Outlook: More blogging with tips, tricks and secrets to making LinkWorth work even better for you. . .
- 08 Outlook: Create new ways for partners to gain more exposure to Advertisers. . .
- 08 Outlook: Improve our daily spider check to cut down on “not found” messages (already in progress). . .
- 08 Outlook: Introduce new advertising products with a focus on vintage methods. . .
- 08 Outlook: New contests with new prizes. . .
- 08 Outlook: The purchase of Google and Yahoo with my next few saved paychecks. . .
- 08 Outlook: Growing the LinkWorth staff with new smart and exciting people. . .
- 08 Outlook: Spread the LinkWorth brand to new markets attracting new advertisers. . .
- 08 Outlook: Making 2008 better than 2007 and having a great time doing it. . .
Obviously, both lists can have loads more bullets, but this is what came to me before I walk out the door for the evening. 2007 was such a great and big year for our customers and our company, anything short of what we’ve already experienced isn’t really an option.
Directly from the LinkWorth crew, we wish everyone a very safe and happy new year!