Anyone that runs a message forum can understand the pain in the ass fun of forum spam. There is nothing worse than going through your forum to only to find one or a few “new” users that have littered your forum with posts that contain links back to whatever it is they are promoting. Used to, people did this to acquire inbound links. Now I have no idea why people do it, other than maybe to get traffic. So I thought I would blog all the reasons forum spam is a waste of your time.
My TOP TEN REASONS why forum spam is not good:
10. It does absolutely no good at all to build your link popularity. Think of it this way, a link counts for 1, a forum link counts for 1 MILLIONth of 1. (Join LinkWorth 😀 )
9. All it does is piss people off. Even the forum users can spot spam and they hate it as much as the forum owners.
8. If it’s a forum that has any activity and moderation at all, the spam will not last for more than 24-48 hours.
7. Very few people will follow the link and those who do, have zero thoughts of giving you a penny.
6. You run the risk of getting reported to spam reporting services which could really backfire on you.
5. If reported to your registrar, 99.99% of registrars prohibit any type of spam and can rip your domain out from underneath you. Then you sit with no site, no business and no friends.
4. If you are spamming your ability to offer SEO services or marketing services, all it does is tell people that the only thing you know how to do is SPAM, therefore resulting in zero sales. Along with making you look like a clown.
3. Your hosting provider will drop you quicker than a bad habit to prevent their own company from getting in trouble.
2. Since you are promoting one of your url’s, those who are having to put up with your crap can easily visit your website, acquire any and all email addresses pertaining to your company, then submit them to lots of opt-in porn, gambling and pharmacy mailing lists. 😀
1. If you are stupid enough to have a picture of yourself on your website, the end result could turn into a big laugh for others at your expense.
So the point of this post is . . . DON’T SPAM OUR FORUM OR ANY OTHER FORUM ! ! ! (our blog either. We have filters that sort out spam. Blog spam comments are never even seen by us)